Sunday, August 15, 2010

20 Weeks To A Healthier Me - 19 To Go

So, let's start from the beginning.

As most of you know, I have been on a journey to lose weight since the beginning of the year. As you can also tell, I have not posted in quite some time. Not because of this particular journey, but because life keeps getting in the way. Better yet, I keep getting in the way.

Anyway, back to the point. The journey to lose has not been very successful. I have tried several things:

  • A Personal Trainer - Too much money and very little progress
  • Weight Watchers - Too much counting and measuring. I only lost 10 pounds. Then I tried exercise at a gym. The hours of the gym were poor and not enough motivation to keep going.

Feeling defeated and my self-esteem shot, I finally just gave up.

Then, I decided to tackle this weight loss battle one more time. After much research, I found UB gym. Now this is no ordinary workout place. This is an extreme "get your tail in gear or stop waisting my time" kind of place.

Needless to say, after signing up for this 20 week boot camp, I totally wanted to call back and chicken out. Why? Because i didn't believe in myself. I had tried so much and failed that i totally thought I would not make it past the 1st day, let alone a week. But you know what? I rocked it, or let's just say I made it through WEEK #1, also known as Hell Week for newbies.

Let me share a couple of things about my first week on this program.

Day #1: Met with Trainer #1 - Corey. He skipped my meal plan for the day because I did not go to orientation held during the previous weekend due to previous plans. We did weights (upper body)

Day #2: Woke up totally sore and stiff to go meet with trainer #2 - Zack, whom I totally dislike to the utmost until this weekend. Still not my fav, but he will do. This was a cardio day. A total butt kicking!! I totally sucked at running and I was soaking wet 10 minutes into the outdoor workout. He so punked me and said really stupid things to women with an attitude. Too much running.

Day #3: Almost thought it was too much for me, but I was more than 50% done with the week; may as well complete it. I got fussed at fore eating Baked Lays as I could not explain why I thought they were healthy. This was a weight day (lower body). I didn't think I could make it because I was so tired from the day before.

Day #4: Zack super sucks. Totally a jerk. made me really want to quit, but if I did he wins and I am one more crazy chick. I try not to let anyone win. More cardio = Running, Running and More Running. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that cardio days are also Abs days as well.

Day #5: Didn't push hard because of a crappy Thursday. Gave up too easy and didn't complete my reps. Never will I let anyone get into my head again. NO ONE!

So I decided I would do a Day #6. It is optional, but I need the extra cardio. Fun, but way too hot.

Now, this was the week of crazy emotions. I must say i am proud of myself for not giving up because usually, if someone says "I can't", I believe them and I stop. Not this time.

As I live and breathe I will finish this 20 week program in better shape that I am today. I will keep you updated every day and therefore, my posts will not be as long as this one. I will also post my weight, stats and pictures really soon.

Tomorrow, I will give you the lowdown of the day; meal plans and the rules I have to follow.

I leave you with a very inspiring quote on my journal by Molly Barker.
"The only requirement of having a DREAM is believing in it."

Goodnight. Have to get up for my 5:30AM butt whooping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment