Thursday, January 14, 2010

Personal Training, Take 1

So yesterday was my first session with my trainer. Can you say, a pain in the butt, literally! I am so sore. He decided that he would see just how far he could push me and like the silly, willie I am I said "Bring it ON!" Needless to say I am paying the price for it today.

The sessions is an hour long and at one point I thought he and run out to things for me to do, but I was not that lucky. Such a bummer. I tried to skip out early when hubs text me, but at $69 a pop, I was for surely going to get my money's worth. So even though there was pain I stuck with it.

There was lots of cable work and even some balancing on the ball. The hardest part was when he combined the two. I am so weak, that after my second set of reps, my arm felt as if they were going to fall off. 20lb is much tougher than I thought. My trainer, Matt was very encouraging and even felt that I could possibly do more. We shall see..............................Maybe!

My next appointment is Saturday and to be honest, I am looking forward to the TORTURE! This time he is going to either increase the weights or reps. I will definitely pushing for the reps. I think 20lb is enough weight for me right now.

I have to admit he is tougher than my last trainer and he is even funny, so it makes time go by really fast. Wish me well and I hope this soreness will not last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment