Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reason....Pt 2

60lb in 3 months was more than I could handle. The crazy thing was I was going the the gym and doing Weight Watcher. I was on top of my game and then I realize that each time I weighed in I had gain a pound or 2. I could not believe this. I attributed it to the medication, but I didn't have anything to back it up. However, I called my doc and told him we needed to have a talk. That is when he told me that "Yes it does cause weight gain, but the benefit far out weigh it." You have to be kidding me.

So you are telling me my mental state is more important than my overall health? "I don't think so!" Changed my meds that day and hit the gym again. But some where along the line I got lazy, sick and tried of getting up in the morning and heading to the gym. So I was out of commission for a few months. Lets just say I was very depressed.

So in 2007, I decided to try again to lose the wight, but in the month of February, I fail out of a rolling chair and broke my ankle and leg. So when that was all said and done I did not want to do anything else. So I was down for a the rest of the year. Lets just called that as it really is LAZY!

So last year, I went back at it. For a while anyway. I was taking a team fitness class and personal training. Did good until Zyprexia. Just like Seroquel it is a weight gaining medication. I gained over 22lb in 4 months taking me to my all time high of 219lb. I could not believe this. how could I let myself go. I was so ashamed.

So now it is 2010, I am on a new medication that has been really good to me in the weight loss department. SO I am back in the gym with personal trying, a different mind set and a husband who is willing to keep me in check. Hence the reason for this site.

I am starting this site to keep me accountable. I am going on a journey for as long as I can, so I can get down to a healthy weight, so I will be able to have more children and set positive example for them. 2010 has to be a better year for me in the weight loss category. So let me give you the break down of what this site will contain:

1. Photo's of the things I put in my mouth. Yelp you got it everything I eat will be noted.

2. Photo's of what I look like now and what I will look like each following weeks as I go down this road. Hopefully we will see progress with each week that comes.

3. My personal thought about this journey and how it effects me.

4. Photo's and reviews of recipes that I try each and every day of the week.

5. My exercise routine.

So this may not be the blog that you want to read, but it will be my personal little diary of the days ahead. Wish me well.

Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment